Your reputation partially comes from the public knowing who you are and how you can help them. Your reputation does not come from magic. It comes from daily effort and time. From working with buyers, sellers, clients, and individuals day after day. As you work within your real estate investing niche, you become more and more of an expert and authority.
Notice: This article does not talk about the myriad of methods and approaches to marketing and advertising yourself. Instead, this article deals more with the human connection of investing.
Below please see the 5 ways to continue building your local real estate investing reputation.
Get Involved at Local Real Estate Investor Groups
From my experience, deals, leads, friendships, best friendships, acquaintances, questions answered, new businesses, mentors, and a sense of personal accomplishment have come from on-and-off involvement within local real estate investor groups.
Keep in mind it may be beneficial to have a policy of giving more than you receive. Aim to find out about other people and spend time learning about active people and potential future friends.
Pro Tip: Active real estate investors like to be around other active real estate investors. So continue asking questions and being active daily to further your investing business.
- Network and chitchat. (Have action-based questions to ask if you’re a newbie.)
- Learn what others do.
- Aim to get phone numbers in order to talk real estate later.
- Aim to get to know the person and their goals before talking about how they can help you.
- Have questions ready for the group, and don’t be afraid to ask them. Asking questions may help people remember you.
- Aim to learn something new to further your business at every meeting.
Advertise Multiple Ways Weekly
Is there a single best way to advertise for buyers or sellers? Perhaps you can truly only answer this for your business after months and months of testing/verifying what is/isn’t producing quality leads.
- If you are just starting to invest in real estate: Time is something that you typically cannot buy more of. Do not be shy or timid when it comes to marketing and advertising for buyers and sellers. Aim to advertise in as many mediums as you can think of that seem effective and affordable. Understand where all your incoming calls found your phone number to track which advertising mediums are superior over others in this specific area during this time of the year.
- If you are a seasoned real estate investor: Think honestly about your current advertising and marketing campaigns. Do people in your area know who you are and how you can help them? If this is not as good as you would like it to be, then perhaps it may be wise to start from square one and start advertising and marketing like a madman or madwoman.
Remember that advertising only gets your foot in the door. It is up to you how you treat your clients, what actions are taken, what decisions are made, how you follow up with others, and other things that are equally important.
End Most Phone Calls With a Call to Action
What type of leads are you looking for? What kind of reputation are you trying to develop locally? Do people know they can call you if they have certain questions, updates, or specific leads? End most of your business phone calls with a specific…